Founded in 2010, Choose New Jersey is an economic development organization with a mission to encourage and nurture economic growth throughout New Jersey, with a focus on our urban centers.
Through our integrated marketing and business attraction and retention efforts, we stimulate job creation and capital investment. We collaborate with the State’s universities to encourage research, discovery, and innovation.
Privately funded, Choose New Jersey’s economic development activities are supported by a prominent group of leaders from many of the State’s Fortune 500 and other top companies, labor organizations, associations, and higher education institutions. These organizations represent 1.25 million people, or nearly one-quarter of the State’s private-sector workforce.
Choose New Jersey markets the State as a premier business location to both domestic and international businesses. We offer companies interested in locating or expanding in New Jersey a full range of complementary economic development services to ensure a smooth process from planning through move-in including:
- Customized RFP responses
- Market assessment and planning services
- Site visits
- State assistance information
- Connections to a wide range of services provided by our public and private partners – from financial, regulatory and legal assistance to workforce training.
Choose New Jersey is a member of the New Jersey Partnership for Action (PFA), a four-pronged public-private approach to economic development. The PFA serves as the starting point for all initiatives, policies and efforts related to growing New Jersey’s economy and creating sustainable jobs.
Led by Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno, the PFA includes:
- Choose New Jersey, Inc.
- The New Jersey Business Action Center (BAC), which applies a proactive, customer-oriented approach to businesses’ interactions with state government
- The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA), which serves as the State’s financing arm
- The Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, which coordinates, plans, and develops policies, and advocates for the State’s higher education system
Choose New Jersey, Inc. is a recognized 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.