Join an organization with the vision to build a better future for the State of New Jersey and its citizens by attracting sustainable jobs and investment to its communities. The Marketing Coordinator plays a critical role in the marketing department of Choose New Jersey, an economic development organization for the State. The Marketing Coordinator will directly support the Marketing team with event coordination and execution; website development and maintenance; social media planning; and various marketing and communications-related tasks as needed.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is comfortable in an “all-hands-on deck” environment, is able to operate and coordinate across multiple departments, can thrive in a culture that rewards hard work and initiative, and is looking for an opportunity to continuously grow and learn in a fast-paced organization. This is a full-time position that reports to the Creative + Digital Manager.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Choose New Jersey office will be moving from Princeton to Newark. As of late summer of 2019, this position will be based out of Newark.
Join a fast-paced and growing team at an exciting time in a newly constructed, modern office space! Experience the city of Newark for all that it has to offer: amazing dining options in the Ironbound District; walking distance to the Prudential Center, New Jersey’s premier venue for live entertainment and sporting events; and direct access to NJ Transit, PATH and Amtrak to explore other parts of New Jersey, a night out in NYC, or a weekend getaway in the Northeast Corridor.
- Support major events by coordinating logistics including travel, hotel, registration and briefing documents
- Assist in the planning and execution of in-state local events, from early planning to onsite set-up
- Maintain a list of company-wide events and manage the event selection process
- Coordinate and create PowerPoint presentations to support the business development team
- Assist with digital marketing initiatives, including websites updates on WordPress and social media posts and graphics
- Send daily briefings using media monitoring systems to ensure the organization is informed of business and economic development headlines
- Update existing brochures and marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Suite
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, communications or a related field)
- 1-2 years of experience in related role
- Event planning/ coordination experience a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Resourceful, well organized, deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
- Familiarity with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 11 Holidays observed + your birthday
- 401(k) plan with 3% company match
- Paid Family Leave
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Dental & Life insurance plans at no cost
- Enjoy a work/life balance with flex work hours
- Get your weekend started with Summer Fridays + Dress Down Fridays
- Work with company-issued Macbook
- Explore your interests in a creative, collaborative environment
- Imagine yourself in a modern, comfortable office space with plenty of natural light
- Appreciate the mass transit convenience – One Gateway Center is accessible indoors from Newark Train Station terminal
Founded in 2010, Choose New Jersey is an economic development organization with a mission to encourage and nurture economic growth throughout New Jersey, with a focus on our urban centers. Through our integrated marketing and business attraction and retention efforts, we stimulate job creation and capital investment. We collaborate with the State’s universities to encourage research, discovery, and innovation.
Privately funded, Choose New Jersey’s economic development activities are supported by a prominent group of leaders from many of the State’s Fortune 500 and other top companies, labor organizations, associations, and higher education institutions. These organizations represent 1.25 million people, or nearly one-quarter of the State’s private-sector workforce.