The Marketing Coordinator plays a critical role in the marketing department of Choose New Jersey, an economic development organization for the State. The Marketing Coordinator will support the organization, including event and marketing planning, design and execution. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands-on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple departments, and can thrive in a culture that rewards hard work and initiative.
The Choose New Jersey office will be moving from Princeton to Newark. As of Summer of 2019, this position will be based out of Newark.
- Support major events by coordinating logistics including travel, hotel, registration and briefing documents
- Assist in the planning and execution of in-state local events, from early planning to set-up
- Maintain a list of company-wide events and manage the event selection process
- Coordinate and create PowerPoint presentations to support the business development team
- Assist with digital marketing initiatives, including websites updates on WordPress and social media posts and graphics
- Send daily briefings using media monitoring systems to ensure the organization is informed of business and economic development headlines
- Update existing brochures and marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Suite
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, communications or a related field)
- 1-2 years of experience in related role
- Event experience a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Resourceful, well organized, deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
- Familiarity with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
Founded in 2010, Choose New Jersey is an economic development organization with a mission to encourage and nurture economic growth throughout New Jersey, with a focus on our urban centers. Through our integrated marketing and business attraction and retention efforts, we stimulate job creation and capital investment. We collaborate with the State’s universities to encourage research, discovery, and innovation.
Privately funded, Choose New Jersey’s economic development activities are supported by a prominent group of leaders from many of the State’s Fortune 500 and other top companies, labor organizations, associations, and higher education institutions. These organizations represent 1.25 million people, or nearly one-quarter of the State’s private-sector workforce.