Choose New Jersey is currently hiring. Apply today!
Economic Development Internship
The Business Development Intern will be responsible for project research support for business development projects, promoting key industries and assets in the State. You will be part of a team that is creating economic vitality and driving new economic growth in the State. This is a paid position.
- Assist with research for updates to web pages on Choose New Jersey, Inc.’s website.
- Assist with research to measure performance, impact, and success of existing and proposed business development projects, programs, incentives, and strategies.
- Assist with responses for Requests for Information from site selectors working with businesses to identify new facilities
- Assist with efforts to promote awareness within the business and development community regarding resources, events, programs, organizations, funding sources, and policies.
- Conduct informational research for innovative economic development programs and policies.
- Provide research data from the following web-based tools Zoho, Orbis, Co-Star, Bureau of Labor Statistics, New Jersey Department of Labor, and Chmura Jobs EQ labor databases.
- Work with staff to assist prospective developers and business owners to guide them through the State’s economic resources.
- Should be working toward a degree in urban planning, business, communications, economics, finance, community development, public administration, or a closely related field.
- Ideally, have general knowledge of economic development and local government.
- Strong communications skills and an interest in developing, cultivating, and strengthening relationships with co-workers, business leaders, community members, and other partners in economic development circles.