Newark, NJ — Choose New Jersey, New Jersey’s leading nonprofit economic development organization, today announced a strong second quarter in 2023, highlighted by its continued business attraction marketing campaign and successful showings at major international conferences.
The Choose New Jersey team continues to build on the momentum of a productive first quarter. The organization’s business attraction advertising campaign continues to turn heads with billboard placements highlighting the state’s thriving industries, top-ranked school systems, and exceptional talent. The campaign also addressed congestion pricing, offering a solution to the inconvenience posed by New York City’s congestion tax. The advertising buy includes digital billboards and taxi tops placed on highways and transit throughout the state.
In Q2, Choose New Jersey participated in events and conferences attracting businesses to the state.
Highlights of Choose New Jersey’s global presence in Q2 include:
- Choose New Jersey partnered with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) and Middlesex County to represent the state at the Select USA Investment Summit in National Harbor, Maryland. The SelectUSA Investment Summit is the highest-profile event promoting foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United States. The New Jersey delegation collaborated with international delegations from Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Korea, India, Israel, and Ireland and hosted an in-booth reception and the “Nightcap with New Jersey” reception off-site.
- Choose New Jersey partnered with the NJEDA and BioNJ to represent the state at BIO International in Boston. Choose New Jersey hosted a New Jersey Welcome Breakfast, a New Jersey reception at the Boston Sporting Club, an in-booth boardwalk-themed reception, and various meetings with business leaders.
- The team, along with colleagues from the New Jersey Europe Center and Middlesex County, presented at TuttoFoods, the B2B trade show for the agri-food sector in Milan, Italy, and engaged with over a dozen Italian food and beverage companies. New Jersey and Italy share common strengths and synergies in the non-retail food and beverage industry.
- The Business Development team conducted an economic development mission to England and Ireland and engaged with a combination of about 30 universities, trade organizations, co-working sites, and accelerators interested in establishing a presence in New Jersey.
- Choose New Jersey’s Europe Center participated in the MedTech Forum, Europe’s largest health and medical technology conference.
- Choose New Jersey’s Ireland Center represented the state at the Dublin Technology Summit, which brings together global leaders in innovation, technology, and business to shape future global trends.
- The Choose New Jersey Europe Center took part in the Singapore FinTech Festival, which focused on the growth and adoption of AI and how this technology can be used in financial services.
- Choose New Jersey’s India Center participated in the CFO Engage Summit in Bengaluru, India, where they connected with finance executives to network, discover cutting-edge technologies, and assess prevailing industry trends.
- The India Center team connected with several pharma companies in Mumbai at the PharmaLytica Expo, the leading marketplace for products and services along the entire value chain in niche segments within the pharma industry.
Choose New Jersey also conducted a business development mission to East Asia. Wes Mathews, President & CEO of Choose New Jersey, Bill Noonan, Chief Business Development Officer of Choose New Jersey, and Dora Figueiredo, Events Manager of Choose New Jersey, traveled to Japan and South Korea, meeting with key government and industry stakeholders, companies, startups, universities, and strategic partners.
“New Jersey is the best place for companies looking to take their business growth to the next level nationwide and globally,” said Ralph LaRossa, Chairman of Choose New Jersey and President and Chief Executive Officer of PSEG. “From our top public schools, universities, and job placement pipeline programs to diversity in geography and population, businesses everywhere are learning that New Jersey is the perfect place to set up headquarters and call home.”
“New Jersey has a great story to tell, and in the second quarter, our team was busy spreading that message domestically and internationally. New Jersey is a premier destination for industry disruptors,” said Wesley Mathews, President & CEO of Choose New Jersey. “Our economic momentum is the best in the country, as highlighted recently by CNBC. The combination of strong state leadership, business incentives, and a high quality of life makes New Jersey an attractive option to grow a business and raise a family.”
About Choose New Jersey, Inc.
Choose New Jersey is New Jersey’s leading nonprofit economic development organization. We stimulate job creation and attract capital investment to grow New Jersey’s economy. We market New Jersey globally as the best state in the United States to live, work, and play, and we guide businesses in establishing or expanding operations here. Our staff, supported by a network of state agencies and private partners, provide free, confidential assistance to guide companies in establishing operations in New Jersey. To learn more, visit choosenj.com.