Ernst & Young announced 33 finalists for the Entrepreneur of the Year 2021 New Jersey Award — one of the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies.
Now in its 35th year, EY officials said, the Entrepreneur of the Year program honors business leaders whose ambition, courage and ingenuity help catapult the state’s economy from today to tomorrow.
Finalists were evaluated based on six criteria:
- Entrepreneurial leadership;
- Talent management;
- Degree of difficulty;
- Financial performance;
- Societal impact and building a values-based company;
- Originality, innovation and future plans.
Since its launch, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries throughout the world.
“This year’s finalists are the next class in a long line of unstoppable visionaries,” Mike Portegello, US-East EY private leader, said. “They have been carefully selected by our independent panel of judges for their unwavering commitment to their companies, customers and communities in a year of unprecedented change. We are thrilled to share their inspiring stories this year.”
Award winners will be announced during a special virtual celebration July 26. There is not a set number of winners; it will be determined by the judges. Last year, 12 finalists were judged as winners.
The selected winners will be eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur of the Year National Awards, to be announced in November. The Entrepreneur of the Year National Overall Award winner will then move on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award in June 2022.
The 2021 New Jersey finalists:
- Apprentice.io Inc.: Angelo Stracquatanio
- BCT Partners: Randal D. Pinkett and Lawrence Hibbert
- Bioaegis Therapeutics Inc.: Susan L. Levinson
- Blue Sea Products LLC: Thomas Jacob
- Broadway Industries: Steve Kohn
- Clio Snacks: Sergey Konchakovskiy
- Commvault: Sanjay Mirchandani
- CompoSecure: Jonathan Wilk
- Davion Inc.: James Placa
- DB Global: David Burke
- BabbleBoxx: Sherri Langburt
- Fulcrum Digital: Dhana Kumarasamy and Rajesh Sinha
- Happi Foodi: Samuel Rockwell and Justin Samuels
- InCharged: Jessica Gonzalez
- Langan Engineering & Environmental Services Inc.: David Gockel
- Lightbridge Academy: Guy Falzarano
- MJH Life Sciences: Michael Hennessy
- Modi Toys: Avani Modi Sarkar and Viral Modi
- OncoSec Medical Inc.: Daniel James O’Connor
- Orion Innovation: Raj Patil
- Partake Foods: Denise Woodard
- PowerFleet: Chris Adams Wolfe
- Recycle Track Systems Inc.: Gregory Lettieri
- Ricciardi Brothers: Eric Ricciardi
- Rocket Club: Alex Hodara
- StationMD Professional Corp.: Matthew Kaufman
- SwagUp LLC: Michael Martocci
- Switlik Parachute: Stanley Switlik
- Triple T Hospitality Group: Thomas Bonfiglio
- Tronex International: Donald Chu
- United Pharmacy Network: Srinivas Maddali
- Visionet Systems Inc.: Arshad Masood
- Vydia: Roy LaManna